Tuesday, April 26, 2016

B.A.P. Live On Earth 2016 - Concert Diary #2

B.A.P Live On Earth 2016 - Concert Diary #2

by Violetta

 

This time I (we) wanted to share, what clothing we planed for the concert. Since I personally have a fanshirt from B.A.P, but my sister and my friend, which is also comming to the concert with us, doesn´t have one, I decited to make some fanshirts by myself. And I thought, if they both have the same shirts, I want to have one of these, too. So in the end, I decited to make three group-fanshirts. ^^


(concert diary #1(ordering the tickets), #3(the concert!!))







Since I am working with wax batik colourimg in my semester project, I wanted to use my insights to make them. I don´t know if my translation is correct, but this technology is a sort of reserving technology. (But You´ll see it as soon as you see the pictures)

I want to make a little tutorial for you. This way you can make a T-Shirt with a text or image you want. ;-)


You need:
  • wax (3 tealight candles for one shirt)
  • one water bath (both is going to be full of wax afte rit, so use one you can use for such things only, not for cooking anymore)
  • owen (or something you can heat up the wax with)
  •  a shirt in your size (the best is 100 % cotton, because this way the colour is the most intense, but if you use a fibre with a little bit of elastan (like 5 %), the wax gets better of after the dyeing process) (you can also take one in a colour if you want, but you have to calculate in that the colour you want to dye may change)
  • a stancile of the motive you want
  • pencil
  • newspaper
  • an old brush (you can only use it for wax things after that)
  • a big bowl to dye the shirt in
  • batik colour
  • wrapping paper (or something that absorbes really well)
  • iron




 

First of all, cut out yout motive. I also want to put on some words, but I am going to  just draw it on the shirt after I drawed the motive on it.








I am going to write / put on something on the back and the front. I know that it is really difficult to draw on the shirt with a pencil, but it is important to not use something you can´t remove afterwards.

I drawed the typical matoki bunny head on it and also the typical writen letters.



Cut some paper to put it inside of the shirt, or else you would put on the wax on both sides at one time. I used wrapping paper, but you can use what you want for this step. The only thing is, that it should not be to thin, so you can also use a view layers of newsletter.



   

Now, you can heat up the wax. It is important to don´t heat it up to much (the wax should not smoke). I use a brush for the application, but keep in mind that you can´t use this one after it for anything else, so don´t use your best brush. ;-)






Since it is not possible, to control the wax completelly, see the lines you made just as a direction where you have to put wax, but you have to deal with the  wax as a liquid, which means that it can run in some directions which you didn´t wanted. But don´t be to sad if that happens (it also happened to me), just try to deal with it. I started with the outlines, then fill in the wax completelly.

To get a good result, the wax has to be really hot. That´s why I didn´t only took the bowl with the wax beside the shirt to draw, but the whole water bath, that the wax is longer hot.  You see that the wax is hot enough, when the areas where you put it is a bit transparent. This way the wax isn´t only on the surface, but also in the inside of the textile, so the effect will be visible.




Here you can see what I drawed on the front and on the back.You see the drawing is ot perfect, but this is the best you can get this way. If you want to get an interesting structure into the reserved areas, you have to make wrinkles into the wax, but you can´t controll or calculate it. (you can see the structure I mean in the next two following pictures)




After let it drying, you can go over to dye it. 

I use batik colour, For those of you who haven´t any exmeriences with this kind of dyeing process, you have to put the colouring powder inside a big bowl or pot, you can heat up. You have to boil the water, then let it cool down to around 40 °C, or else the wax would melt again. You need to heat it up (and don´t only use hot water) , because this way the colour particles can go better inside the fibre.




The shirt has to be inside of the water for around 20~30 minutes, depending of how much powder you use (you don´t need the whole package for one shirt, only like 1 or 2 tea spoons, but if you want it even more intense, you have to use more), but that really depends on how you want your colour. You have to stir the whole time, to get an more even dye. 

When you are happy with your colour (it looks darker / more intense when the textile is wet, so don´t take it of too early), you can get it out of the pot. Now wash out the rest of the colour with cold water (I would preffer doing it in a bucket or something that´s not awful when it gets coloured or dirty). Let it dry and then you can iron it, to get rid of the wax. But before you can try to pull out a bit of the wax before ironing, so that you don´t have the problem with dealing with so much wax on the paper. You will need muxh of newspaper or backing paper (I preffer backing powder, because you may get stains from the print of the newspaper). Put one inside, one under it and one above. Pay attention that you exchange the paper when it´s full of wax.

Depending of the material of the shirt, you can use it from midle to high heat. When there is nothing comming out of your shirt / when the paper doesn´t absorbs any more wax, you are ready. 
You can never get out every wax, but you can try to get out as much as possible.
When you wash it, theoretically there can´t go out any colour, because you´ve washed it out, but because of the rest of the wax, you should wash it per hand, to don´t ruin your washing machine. 

Thanks for reading! Please leafe a comment how you find this tutorial and the idea of making the own fashirts. ^^

Please follow us on facebook. Here is the link to our First Diary Entry for the B.A.P Concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment