Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Photobook - Is it worth it?

Photobook - Is it worth it? 

by Rosalie 

 

Hi Lovelies,
today I want to write about something different but I think you will be interested in this as well.
As you may know I am studying textile design and beside this photography is a important hobby for me! <3 

I also have an extra instagram account for my photos : @c.m.b.rose
(maybe you are interested in this.)

In connection to this I layouted my own photobook with my photos, to have them printed out and easily show them on a job interview or something similar.

I think photobooks are really awesome. You have your photos and with this your memories are together in one book. It can be for yourself, for a nice family album or as a present for friends and family. Or you can use it like me for job interviews haha. You see they are really handy.

I ordered my photobook on www.saal-digital.de . They really have some nice options for photobooks, in different sizes with different paper and so on.

To layout my photobook I needed to download the specific software and work with it. It took me like 20 minutes to really see how the program workes, but I work with some digital photosoftware all the time, so if you are not so confident in working with these kind of programmes it may need some more time for you. 
They have different options at the beginning. There you can say wich size, paperquality and more options you want for your book. For every option you have to pay extra, this is not so good, I don't like to always look on the price while I am working on a nice object.

You can alwys swithc from side to side and put in the photos. The program also showes you wich photo you already have used in it.

I havent choosen a specific layout, so I was able to place the objects whereever I wanted them to be.



I decided to make a DIN A5 sized book with matte paper.

The software came with some layout examples you can use but I decided to work in my layout freely, means to do my own layout. I wanted to achieve a modern and clean looking layout, where the most important point is on the picture itself and not on some detailed specials or anything.


It took me like 2 hours to finish my photobook and for me it was really fun. I really like to layout these things! <33
After I finished this layout work the program asked for the payment, the shipping details and telled me when it will arrive.

They telled me that my product will need 5 days to arrive but it already rrived after 2 days, this was really amazing. I think this is awesome for a service where they print one extra product.

The book was savely packed, so nothing bad could happened accidentially.




Looking at the book it really gives me a nice feeling. I really like to see my photos printed and collected in this neat book. Also the quality is really nice. The paper is thick and the photos are in high resolution printed. Also the color are like I wanted them. To let something print online is always a bit risky because you dont know the printer andhow the paper quality will be and so on. But I am really happy with this photobook.
Also I can say that the service is really nice. In total I payed 20€ for my photobook with 26 pages.


The code on the backside of the book and...

... on the last page inside the book.


The only thing that is not so nice is the code wich is printed on the book. I could have ayed for it to be removed but I think that 5€ is to much to remove 2 small codes. This really pissed me of. This is related to all the small extras you have to pay for. But beside this I really like this product.


The first and the last page are glued to the hardcover. If you want a white extra page you need to leave this space free.





I really recommend you this webside for printing your photobook.

Do you have any experiences with printing something online or also doint photobooks?
Or do you prefer to have your  photos digital?


I hope this review was helpfull for you!<3




To stay updated about our blog please follow us on facebook and twitter ! <3333 That would make us really happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment