Friday, April 6, 2018

DIY Avocado Face Mask (with natural ingredients)

DIY Avocado Face Mask (with natural ingredients)

by Rosalie





Hi Lovelies,
long time no see.  I am sorry that I havent showen up so much lately but I was really busy. Maybe also the long wintertime made me be a bit lazy, too haha... who knows! ;)

But now spring is starting and I am really excited about planting and having my own growen vegetables and stuff soon. With this enthusiasm and my leftover avocado I decided to do a diy avocado face mask, also as recipe just for you! <3

I love eating avocado for breakfast but sometimes there are leftovers that couldn't be eaten. So I decided I will use it as mask instead of only throwing it away. (I guess I am not the only person with this problem, let me know if you have this problem from time to time, too.)



So for the recipe, you need ingredients that you mostly have at home anyway.
You need:

-avocado leftover
-honey
-milk
-fork or spoon
-small bowl


So at first I putted the avocado into a small bowl and tried to mash it up so that there is kind of a creamy consistency. Next I added one tablespoon of honey and also one tablespoon of milk. The honey helps to let the mask stay on your face but also addes more moisture. The milk makes the mask more creamy. You need to be carefull with the amount. If you havent so much avocado then use less milk, because the mask can become to much liquid. Give everything a good mix and the mask is done.




this is how the finnished mask looks like


Before you apply the mask you need to clean your face (as usual before you put on a mask) and your hands. After I applyed the mixture with my fingers onto my skin and massaged it into it. I have to say that the amount of mask was nearly to much for my face, so you see you don't need much avocado. After the mask is evenly applyed onto my face I left it on for 20 minutes. Just at the beginning I could feel the cooling effect of the mask. This is really great for hot springdays or summer. 

Me with the mask onto my face, after 20 min on. I kind of look like an alien to strangers. lol


Also the mask didn't dropped of from my face. After the 20 minutes the mask was kind of soaked into my skin. I massaged the leftover mask into my face and washed it of with lukewarm water. If you love the smell of avocado this is also amazing for you. All the time I made the mask and had it onto my face it smelled amazingly like fresh avocado. yummi! <3

I had no skintroubles after the mask and my skin feeled really clean and nice but not dry.
So I think this is a nice opportunity for not throwing away the leftover.


I hope you like this kind of recipe, if you want more mask recipes like this please let me know.


To stay updated about our blog please follow us on facebook and twitter ! <3333 That would make us really happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment